As of today, here is the current status for congressional redistricting:
- 34 states have completed the process and this includes the 7 at-large states.
- 2 additional states are waiting for pre-clearance from the DOJ due to the Voting Rights Act of 1965 – CA & MI.
- 2 additional states, CT & MN have failed to complete the process and will have the maps drawn in court.
- 2 states have significant litigation issues in state or federal court to completing the process – CT & TX.
- 5 states have yet to complete the process and will still need to receive VRA pre-clearance – AZ, FL, NH, NY & VA. Maps have been introduced in AZ, FL & VA.
- 5 states have yet to complete the process, but do not need to receive VRA pre-clearance – KS, KY, RI, TN & WA. Maps have been introduced in KY, RI, TN & WA.